Democracy will not come
Today, this year
Through compromise and fear.
I have as much right
As the other fellow has
On my two feet
And own the land.
I tire so of hearing people say,
Let things take their course.
Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I’m dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow’s bread.
Is a strong seed
In a great need.
I live here, too.
I want freedom
Just as you.
Democracy, Langston Hughes
(This picture was taken this week, during Brazilian protests against corruption on politics and so much money spent on World Cup Brazil while hospitals, schools and security are completely broken)
31 Notes/ Hide
- im-yours-princess reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- hellolovelyscientist reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration
- hellolovelyscientist likes this
- captainhobbitlock reblogged this from pathologically-so
- pathologically-so reblogged this from acornbaby6
- fredjoiner likes this
- themoribundmiscreant reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- jashykins likes this
- friendlycloud reblogged this from 95db
- faatsaam likes this
- iwalkliketommypickles reblogged this from tastefullytatted
- tastefullytatted reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- friendlycloud likes this
- 95db reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration
- rasdaq reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- speakmeintomotion likes this
- seanpadilla likes this
- theendlessdreamsofadreamer likes this
- msgibson777 likes this
- soleil-poete reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- revolution-valonia-mk-3 reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration
- apecaviar likes this
- talesofthestarshipregeneration reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- blackpoemusic posted this