If you make a revolution, make it for fun,
don’t make it in ghastly seriousness,
don’t do it in deadly earnest,
do it for fun.
Don’t do it because you hate people,
do it just to spit in their eye.
Don’t do it for the money,
do it and be damned to the money.
Don’t do it for equality,
do it because we’ve got too much equality
and it would be fun to upset the apple-cart
and see which way the apples would go a-rolling.
Don’t do it for the working classes.
Do it so that we can all of us be little aristocracies on our own
and kick our heels like jolly escaped asses.
Don’t do it, anyhow, for international Labour.
Labour is the one thing a man has had too much of.
Let’s abolish labour, let’s have done with labouring!
Work can be fun, and men can enjoy it; then it’s not labour.
Let’s have it so! Let’s make a revolution for fun!
A sane revolution by D. H. Lawrence
19 Notes/ Hide
- lourenfat likes this
- charlottesharks reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- gerasa likes this
- simplyki reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- aurat reblogged this from wearesoulpeople
- theurbanmoor reblogged this from c4t4lyst
- peachkellipop likes this
- c4t4lyst reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- c4t4lyst likes this
- baronbentley likes this
- extraordinary-me likes this
- diamantdreams likes this
- invincible-ways reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- nappyheadhi likes this
- flummery likes this
- itsoulright likes this
- shortydwop reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- shortydwop likes this
- mellowyellowthemisfit reblogged this from blackpoemusic
- blackpoemusic posted this